Come one, come all- to USC Eco’s
2nd annual Plastic Pollution Trivia Night!
The University of the Sunshine Coast Environment Collective USC Eco would like to invite you to our 2nd annual Plastic Pollution Trivia Night! If you are not familiar with us, USC Eco is a socially aware environmental action group made up of university students active on campus and beyond in raising awareness on environmental issues both local and further afield.
This year our trivia night has not only a new venue but a new host as well! We welcome Anthony Hill from Plastic Pollution Solutions, as our MC and trivia expert for the evening. This year we encourage all participants to head on down to CVA’s beach clean up on Saturday the 28th of July~ where you will learn some prior information on what marine debris is exactly doing to our environment *hint* this might have some use on the night!!
On the evening you can expect:
– Food platters*
– Lucky door prizes*
– Trivia questions just for the young ones (with free entry for kids under 5yrs and special prizes to match as well)
– Prizes for our top three winning teams!
– Bonus round prizes
– Beverages for purchase
Where: The Wharf Tavern, Mooloolaba
When: Wednesday, August 1st
Cost: $12 per person or $10 at the door
So gather your friends, family, teammates or coworkers and build a team of up to 10, once tickets are purchased start devising a team name and bring your A- game; because as we hear it, there are some trivia buffs around! The night starts from 5:30 onwards, however, trivia begins at approximately 6:30 pm (for those of you who travel from work).
We only ask that if you have straws- bring them yourself as we’re going old school and limiting our use of plastic!
In the spirit of the evening, and the reason why we’re all working to reduce our reliance on plastics is the detriment it’s having on our environment. Therefore, USC Eco are donating all profits made to The Sea Turtle Foundation, as these animals are some of the most heavily affected by plastic pollution.
Now for the nitty gritty stuff…
T’s & C’s:
– Food platters are purchased for $60 at the discretion of each table (each platter will contain a variety of nibblies and kid-friendly food such as party pies and will feed up to 10 people)
– Service of alcohol is strictly 18+ and will be sold at the discretion of the Wharf Taverns bartenders on the evening
– USC Eco have a zero tolerance for drunk driving, disorderly behaviour and the use of derogatory, offensive and defamatory language. The Wharf Tavern and USC Eco, therefore, reserve the right to remove anyone from the event found to be diverging from the family-friendly behaviour expected
– The lucky door prize is at the cost of a gold coin donation
– All allergies must be advised when making bookings
– All children must be supervised by a responsible adult
– HAVE FUN!!!