Caring for our special habitat and its residents for 40 years!
BIEPA is indebted to our First Nations peoples who continue to share their wisdom in how they have been Caring for Country – Our Special Habitat and it’s Residents – for Millennia.
National Reconciliation Week 2020
National Reconciliation Week is a time for all Australians to reflect on our shared histories and relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation.
Reconciliation Week May 27th to June 3rd 2020
Reconciliation Week this year is a chance to celebrate and build on respectful relationships shared by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians and explore how non-Aboriginal Australians can be active in promoting reconciliation. Here’s some things that you could do:
- Find out what you can do to be a good Indigenous Ally
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander cultural tours; Many national cultural and art institutions have online tours and exhibitions; See this beautiful interview with Gail Mabo about her artwork TAGAI at the AGNSW
- Film screenings, festivals, concerts, poetry or book readings online; watch The Final Quarter, In my Blood it Runs or The Australian Dream. With your family or as a team.
- Consider engaging with Reconciliation Australia and SBS/NITV’s Reconciliation Film Club initiative, or tune in to NITV during NRW to watch a diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focused programs
- Read some Poetry in First Languages at Red Room Poetry
- Check out TED, YouTube talks and performances by local Aboriginal artists, musicians, craftspeople or businesses.
- Dreamtime story-telling and displays try NITV, SBS and ABC all have some exciting content available.
- Check out https://clothingthegap.com.au/pages/run-rona
- Visit Reconciliation Australia to find out more https://www.reconciliation.org.au/
- Explore the Share our Pride learning journey on – http://www.shareourpride.org.au/
- Attend an online Sorry Day ceremony:
Benarrawa Sorry Day Ceremony:
Topic: Benarrawa Sorry Day Ceremony 2020
Time: May 26, 2020 06:30 AM Brisbane
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 971 1891 8168