Dear BIEPA Members, Friends and Affiliates
We are sad we can’t have a gathering at Buckleys Hole or the Kakadu Beach bird hide to celebrate the migratory birds that come all that way to visit us each year.
How are you finding home isolation? I hope you’re going ok. I know days can all seem the same right now, but it’s encouraging to know we still have people doing the right thing and the fight for conservation is as strong as ever. I hope you are managing to get through these challenging times with some interesting activities.
One such activity to consider taking part in is our photography competition Queensland’s Natural Wonders Photography Awards. We have received some pretty amazing images already and appreciate the time, support and consideration everyone has put into submitting an entry.
I’m just reminding you there’s still time to submit your entry and vie for some fantastic prizes.
These are –
- Two night’s accommodation at a Portobello by the Sea apartment in Dicky Beach (conditions apply) – Winner of the Native Plants and Wildlife category
- Two night’s accommodation at ‘Booangun’ Point Lookout (conditions apply) – Winner of the Land and Seascapes category
- Three CameraPro vouchers –
- $150 voucher – Winner of Smartphone category
- $150 voucher – Winner of the People’s Choice award
- $100 voucher – Winner of the Junior Wonder’s category
- And every entry will be in the running for a special prize
The competition closes on Friday 15th May with judging to commence after. The winners will be announced on World Environment Day, 5th June, with an online event – something different but exciting.
Get your entries in now! I look forward to seeing your images.
Take care and stay safe,
Dear BIEPA Members, Friends, and Affiliates
We are gearing up for the Welcome Back Shorebirds event on Saturday 21st September at the Toondah Harbour Foreshore and couldn’t be more excited!
We hope to see you there as we celebrate the return of our amazing travellers back to their home shores. If you are joining us be sure to come say hey on the day, we will be sporting our stylish Act for Birds t-shirts.
There is still time to RSVP but we understand not everyone will be able to make it. Don’t fret as there are other ways you can support our birds on the day.
We want to make hundreds of shorebird cut-outs to line up along the shore to highlight what is at stake if Walker Corporation’s Toondah Harbour development goes ahead.